Talented and inspired volunteers drive GABA’s mission to build bridges between the German and Californian business community. Our team of volunteers powers our marketing and social media engines and enables our in-person events to run seamlessly. With increasing experience, volunteers take responsibility to lead teams and drive initiatives, deliverables and timelines. Team members help recruit and onboard new volunteers and foster group learning and self-organization.
Enjoy the benefits! In addition to the conviviality, there are other perks to volunteering with GABA:
- Become part of the GABA team and a large German-American community
- Make new friends and business contacts
- Improve your German or English by volunteering in a bilingual environment
- Have fun in GABA’s friendly atmosphere!
- Access to the GABA Network
- Complimentary individual GABA membership
- Free attendance to virtual events and all in-person events where one volunteers
- Facilitated introductions to members of the GABA community
- Opportunities for professional development
- Learn new skills and gain valuable job experience
- Author website posts that are relevant to core GABA issue areas
- Professional references can be provided where appropriate
- Active volunteers can be featured in the GABA website News Section
- Volunteers who take on growing responsibilities are listed as Team Members on the GABA website
- Annual Exceptional Volunteer Prize: dinner with the Consul General at the German Consulate
Your opportunity for impact! GABA’s need for skilled volunteers continues to evolve and currently includes many different regular and one-off project opportunities:
- Amplifying events
- Before: social media posts and other marketing
- During: live social media posts with images and clips
- After: brief written summary, edited video clips
- General marketing and social media support
- Editing by native English speaker as needed for website and social media content
- Database cleanup and management
- Scoping out options for event and member management system with CRM function
- Support for in-person events (post pandemic)
How would you like to contribute to our community and help build transatlantic bridges?
Please help spread the word and join us today!