Why Volunteer for GABA?
Volunteering is an opportunity to share your talents and stretch your abilities as an important member of our team. By joining our volunteer staff you can learn new skills, expand your network, and enjoy a flexible schedule tailored to meet your needs and goals.
As a GABA Volunteer, Your Benefits Include:
- Become part of the GABA team and a large German-American community
- Make new friends and business contacts
- Improve your German or English by volunteering in a bilingual environment
- Have fun in GABA’s friendly atmosphere!
- Access to the GABA Network
- Complimentary individual GABA membership
- Free attendance to virtual events and all in-person events where one volunteers
- Facilitated introductions to members of the GABA community
- Opportunities for professional development
- Learn new skills and gain valuable job experience
- Author website posts that are relevant to core GABA issue areas
- Professional references can be provided where appropriate
- Active volunteers can be featured in the GABA website News Section
- Volunteers who take on growing responsibilities are listed as Team Members on the GABA website
- Annual Exceptional Volunteer Prize: dinner with the Consul General at the German Consulate
By submitting this form you can tell us what type of volunteering you’d like to do and what’s important to you. This will help us connect you to the right team members and match you to volunteer opportunities.